Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mint Flavored Iced Tea (No Sugar)

OK, OK. I've sworn 100 times that I would write down recipes that I create on the fly, and I almost never do. And then comes the time 3 months down the line when I try to recreate that perfect thing and it NEVER comes out the same.

So, here, I will try to avoid this scenario and share with you a recipe for Mint Flavored Iced Tea.

Ingredients:
boiling water
2 tea bags (English breakfast decaf is my favorite)
1+ tsp honey
1 tea bag of mint tea or some dried or fresh mint leaves
2 lemons
water

Boil 3-4 cups of water and add the English Breakfast teabags. I brew the tea right in the pitcher because mine is tempered glass but you can also use a bowl or a pot and pour it into a pitcher once the water has cooled. Add the mint tea bag or put the mint leaves into a tea pouch and add to the water. If you have fresh mint leaves, you can add them to the water without a tea pouch. Add the honey and stir. Let this brew sit for about 20-30 minutes. It should have a nice brown color and should smell of mint and honey. Then squeeze the juice from 2 lemons into the tea and give it a try. You may have to add a little bit more honey if the tea is too sour. Then fill the rest of the picture with water and refrigerate. The tea can last a couple of days in the fridge, but ours never even makes it that far!

No comments: