Saturday, March 27, 2010

It's chocolate and it's delicious

For your foodies and knitters out there - I have two items to enter into the "love it" category. First, is a chocolate tart (originally called Chocolate Espresso Tart) from martha stewart. I had to drop the espresso part because we didn't have any espresso beans and I prefer my ganache sans coffee. The crust is not too sweet, the mascarpone adds the perfect amount of smoothness to balance the rich creaminess and sweetness of the ganache on top. It's all around delicious. You might be surprised by the shape of my tart in comparison to the picture with the recipe - I didn't have a rectangular tart pan so I used a regular cake pan, which worked fine. If you have a round tart pan, that might actually work even better for the sides, which collapsed a bit in my version.

The second item to be entered is a new addition to my yarn stash. From Fleece Artist, sock yarn appropriately called Chocolate, with slightly different hues of brown throughout. Delicious, isn't it? If fact, it's so good that my husband, upon seeing this noted very pointedly that he has no socks made by me.

No comments: